111 Tallebudgera Drive, Palm Beach 111 Tallebudgera Drive, Palm Beach 111 Tallebudgera Drive, Palm Beach 111 Tallebudgera Drive, Palm Beach.A HOUSE fronting popular Tallebudgera Creek sold under the hammer on the weekend for $3.3 million – smashing the street record.Overlooking Tallebudgera Creek, the residence at 111 Tallebudgera Rd, Palm Beach is one of just four north-facing main creek homes that has direct access to its own private beach with views of the park. 111 Tallebudgera Drive, Palm Beach“Justin Nickerson was our auctioneer and did an exceptional job getting the ball rolling and kept the atmosphere pumping.”Mr Wildermoth described it as a “once in a generation” sale.CoreLogic property records show the property, which was on the market as an estate sale, last changed hands in 1998.It was built by its original owner, the late Tony Ingwersen who founded a prominent local law firm, after he bought the land in 1986.The previous highest sale on the street was No. 107 which changed hands for $3 million in 2007. 111 Tallebudgera Drive, Palm BeachMore from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa19 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoIt was offered to the market at an onsite auction on Sunday.“It was an exceptional turn out even with the intermittent downpours throughout the day,” said marketing agent Rhys Wildermoth of First National Palm Beach said.“We had a solid turnout of 150 groups and 18 registered bidders.“The auction didn’t disappoint with plenty of bids being passed back and forth until finally settling at $3.3 million. 111 Tallebudgera Drive, Palm Beach
“He has a fantastic record as well, having beaten us on the Lions tour in 2009, having won a World Cup in 2007, his record in the Super 15 too, he’s a fantastic player. “I was delighted with the compliment he gave me, but it’s all irrelevant come tomorrow afternoon.” South Africa edged past New Zealand in Johannesburg 27-25 last month, inflicting just the All Blacks’ second defeat since claiming the World Cup on home soil in 2011. Young fly-half Handre Pollard has been credited with helping coach Heyneke Meyer add an expansive attacking edge to the Springboks’ naturally-aggressive tight play. Munster’s 35-year-old lock O’Connell has warned Ireland to steel themselves for one of their toughest physical assaults yet, despite South Africa’s improved wide threat. “They are different in a better way, so many of the things they do I recognise from a few years ago,” said O’Connell. “They still have an excellent maul, they score numerous tries from that. “It’s very effective for them in terms of exiting as well. “They are very good at the back of the lineout and putting their centres and wingers into midfield, and putting teams under pressure that way. “So you recognise that from the past, and they are still strong there. “But the way they’ve been playing with ball in hand recently, I just think they’ve an extra string to their bow that they maybe didn’t have when they won the World Cup, or they didn’t maybe use then or in 2009. “So it makes the challenge even bigger again.” Press Association Paul O’Connell believes “the best lineout forward in the world” Victor Matfield is better now than when he quit rugby for two years in 2011. Ireland captain O’Connell hailed Springboks stalwart Matfield for adding extra steel to the South African ranks that had been missing during his temporary retirement. The oldest Springbok of all time at 37, Matfield quit the game entirely after Rugby World Cup 2011, only to be enticed back to both the Super 15 and Test arenas. Matfield praised O’Connell as “the best player I’ve played against” earlier this week, ahead of Ireland hosting South Africa in Dublin on Saturday. Munster talisman O’Connell said no amount of love-ins will detract from the brutal task facing Joe Schmidt’s Ireland side in the Aviva Stadium Test. “I think he’s the best lineout forward in the world and has been for a long time,” said O’Connell. “To be able to take two years out, come back and be as good as if not better than he ever was is an incredible achievement. “He still seems to be using pretty much the same system he has used for seven, eight, nine years, the same lineouts, and teams just can’t come near him on his ball. “You see in that New Zealand game the amount of lineouts that South Africa upset all across the board, not just Victor Matfield, but Vermeulen as well. “I think it contributed massively to the result: if you can’t be sure of your own ball when you go to the touch, to start plays or exit from your half of the pitch, it’s a really tough way to play the game. “I think it’s probably something South Africa have been missing in recent years, and he’s brought it back with abundance.
The 24-year-old has been a peripheral figure this season, starting for the first time in five weeks against Sporting Lisbon on Wednesday night. The Germany international’s lack of game time led to suggestions Jose Mourinho has lost patience with him, but Schurrle insists he is going nowhere during the January transfer window. Press Association Andre Schurrle has dismissed suggestions he could leave Chelsea next month. “I can just laugh all the talk of leaving off. I am not going to change the club in the transfer window,” Schurrle told the London Evening Standard. “I am happy where I am, I am happy in London. I love the city, I love the fans. We have a great team and want to win something this season. This is where I belong and where I want to help. I know what the manager wants for me and that he likes me.” Schurrle, who signed from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer of 2013, attributed his impact to illness. He said: “The illness has lasted weeks and weeks. Even during the World Cup my body didn’t feel that good. “I don’t want to say what the medical name for the illness was but the symptoms are hard to get over. While they may have gone away, it took a toll on my body and it takes lot of time to get back to match fitness. “I’m not where I want to be but I feel better.”