杭州夜网hzyw.info

Big job for Young

first_img – 8:40 p.m: Montego Bay United vs Reno – Montego Bay Sports Complex Paul Young Sr is not the product of a virgin birth, but he is being viewed by many as the equivalent of the football messiah, especially for Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) club Waterhouse, which he is expected to save. Having recorded the fewest wins, the most losses joint with 11th-placed Rivoli, scored the second fewest goals, only bettering the goal-shy Cavalier, and conced the third highest number of goals, a position they share with today’s opponents Tivoli Gardens, Waterhouse are really in need of a saviour. Young is an accomplished man, having distinguished himself at the high school, university and national levels as a player, and having followed suit at the club level, especially locally. This job, though, may just be his biggest yet as he has not before worked miracles. The much-travelled Calvert Fitzgerald failed to raise Waterhouse’s game from the dead. The loyal Anthony Patrick has since stepped in, but things have not improved at all. In fact, they are a little worse as the club is now firmly rooted at the bottom of the table after 16 games in the season. Young appears unwilling to speak about the current situation and what the future holds, but is perhaps taking inspiration from Humble Lions, who, last year this time, had less than 10 points, but ended up challenging for the title. Games between both teams have always been competitive and, according to Tivoli Gardens assistant coach Damion Gordon, this one could go either way. “History will play a big part in this game. Over the years, games between these two teams have been intense, and it did not matter where on the table one or both of the teams were,” Gordon said. – 3 p.m: Portmore United vs Boys Town – Juici Park, Clarendon – 3 p.m: UWI FC vs Cavalier – UWI Bowl, Mona – 3 p.m: Rivoli vs Humble Lion – Spanish Town Prison Oval – 3 p.m: Waterhouse vs Tivoli Gardens – Drewsland Stadium – 6 p.m: Arnett Gardens vs Harbour View – Anthony Spaulding Complex Today’s games: Tomorrow’s game:last_img read more

Adam Voges expects Cameron Bancroft to join Western Australia a day after ban ends

first_imgWestern Australia’s coach Adam Voges is expecting Cameron Bancroft to join the team a day after his ball-tampering ban expires in December. Bancroft was handed a nine-month ban by Cricket Australia after he was found guilty in the ball-tampering scandal in March in South Africa.Bancroft was caught on cameras rubbing sandpaper on the ball to change its condition on the third day of the third Test against South Africa in Cape Town.In one of the clips, Bancroft was caught putting his hand in his pocket before working on the ball with an object. He later put it back in his pocket.In another clip, Bancroft was seen transferring the piece of sandpaper from his pocket to his underpants.Captain Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner were also slapped with suspensions for one year by the Australian cricket board.WATCH: A ball-tampering demoWhile Bancroft’s ban expires on December 29, Voges said he expected the 25-year-old to be ready to slot into the Perth Scorchers’ lineup on the following day for their clash against Hobart Hurricanes in Australia’s Big Bash Twenty20 competition.”One thing I do know about Cam is he’ll be prepared,” Voges said in comments published on Cricket Australia’s website (cricket.com.au).”I know he won’t have played any high-level competitive cricket for a period, but it certainly hasn’t stopped him from trying to improve.”He’ll be ready to go. I see a real possibility that he’ll come straight back in for that game.”Governing body Cricket Australia is considering a submission from the Australian Cricketers’ Association, the players’ union, to lift the ball-tampering trio’s bans immediately.advertisementThe ACA made the request following the release of the Longstaff review into Cricket Australia’s culture which blamed the board in part for the ball-tampering crisis in South Africa.(With inputs from Reuters)last_img read more

World Cup 2019: Heart goes out to players who have missed out, says Ravi Shastri

first_imgIt has been exactly a month since BCCI announced the India squad for World Cup 2019 and since then the team selection has been a hot topic of discussion because of the notable omissions in the 15-member squad.The national selectors sprung up a surprise by leaving out young wicketkeeper batsman Rishabh Pant. Instead, Dinesh Karthik was named as the second choice wicketkeeping option after MS Dhoni.Ambati Rayudu also failed to make it to the squad as Vijay Shankar pipped the 33-year-old because of his ”three-dimensional” qualities.India head coach Ravi Shastri admitted that a couple of capable players were left out of the World Cup-bound squad and empathised with those who couldn’t fetch the seat.”We can very well imagine there’s more than an opinion in place that some capable guys have missed out. Heart goes out to them,” Ravi Shastri told the Times of India.”Picking 15 from an immensely talented pool is never easy. I’d say to these guys: Keep going the way you have. Be prepared, in case there’s an unforeseen requirement that pops up. But, what the selectors have zeroed in on: I’ll say, it’s the best combination that’s been put in place after factoring in all aspects.”Several former players had put their weight behind Rishabh Pant after the 21-year-old wasn’t named in the World Cup team.Former India captain Sourav Ganguly had recently said, “India will miss Pant in the World Cup. I don’t know in whose place but he will be missed.”However, speaking beside Ravi Shastri, Virat Kohli explained that Dinesh Karthik was picked up for the World Cup because of the experience he carries under his belt.advertisement”In pressure situations, he’s shown composure. It was something that everybody on board was convinced about.””He has the experience. If, god forbid, something happens to MS (Dhoni), Karthik can be immensely valuable behind the wickets. As a finisher, he’s done well.”So, it was the overall exposure to a tournament of this magnitude that was taken into primary consideration.”The World Cup teams can change players until May 23 for the World Cup 2019 without the permission of the ICC. The World Cup starts on May 30 and India will start off their campaign against against South Africa on June 5.Also Read | When MS Dhoni suggested a Rs 10,000 fine, no one was ever late again for team meetingsAlso Read | Arjun Tendulkar shines with all-round show in T20 Mumbai League openerAlso Seelast_img read more